empowerU(NIVERSITY) is the YWCA NNJ’s 10 month girls personal, professional, and empowerment program. Meetings will be held 2 times a month virtually, with a mix of evidence based activities and lessons, as well as female mentors appearing as guest speakers.
empowerU gives 15 young women each year the tools they need to balance themselves physically, emotionally, and intellectually. Impactful programming and community service projects will empower teen girls to be confident, college-bound, and career-ready. In addition, mentoring sessions will be held every month with women who are experts in their fields.
At YWCA Northern New Jersey, we believe that every girl has the ability to become a great leader. empowerU will help participants realize this within themselves so that they can flourish throughout high school, college, and beyond. After all: empowered women start with empowered girls!
Click here to view the interactive presentation.
1. empowerU is an all-girls leadership program designed to help its participants balance themselves physically, emotionally, and intellectually.
2. Impactful programming and community service projects will empower teen girls to be confident, college-bound, and career-ready.
3. empowerU connects girls with successful, professional women whose careers span the spectrum of employment opportunities.
4. empowerU emphasizes STEM to prepare girls for 21st century careers and position our community to remain competitive in an increasingly complex global economy.
5. empowerU extends educational and extracurricular opportunities to girls through twice monthly weeknight sessions that follow the academic calendar year.